"...helping you out-learn the competition"
NOTE: Deadline for having your company listed in the Fortune Growth Summit conference book is this Friday. Otherwise, we'll take registrations up until the day of the event. We know you lead a crazy existence!
Meet Tom Adams, CEO of Rosetta Stone -- Tom just signed on to be our other celebrity CEO keynote at the Fortune Growth Summit Oct 19 - 20, Orlando. Leading one of the most successful IPOs in 2009,
Tom Gets "Going Global" -- Come learn from one of the most accomplished mid-market leaders that is doing business globally. A native of
Invite a Supplier -- having a strong supply chain is critical to your own success. Think about inviting the leadership of a couple key suppliers/service providers to join you at the Fortune Growth Summit. It's a way to build a stronger relationship with them and strengthen your business.
6 Myths -- Need Stories for Latest Fortune Column -- OK, this is column #5 for the year (thanks for the cash ideas -- that column will feature four of you). Let me know if you experienced any of the following, what I call the 6 Myths of Growing a Business:
1. My margins will improve as my company gets bigger (normally the opposite happens -- so, did your margins shrink as you grew?).
2. The folks running the big companies are smarter than us (truth, they are not -- your firms can easily beat the big guys)
3. The company founder has got to go sooner or later, because the company is going to outgrow them (wrong, the Hidden Champion founders lasted 25 plus years).
4. As CEO, you know what's going on in your business better than anyone else (you're really the last to know what's going on -- any examples of being the last to know?).
5. Grow or die. (sometimes it's better not to grow -- remaining a "small giant" as Bo Burlingham suggests in his book by the same name)
6. Be a self-help junkie (actually, self-help is an oxymoron -- you can't help yourself -- the best business leaders have lots of advisors, consultants, coaches)Any of this sound familiar? Send me a quick email saying "yes" to which myth and we'll call for a quick interview. Or give us a better myth!! Deadline is this Thursday.
Amsterdam Oct 27 - 28; Omaha Oct 27 -- more Rockefeller Habits and SuperGreen Execution workshops in October.
Doubled Revenues and Profits -- and this note from Ben Thompson, EO member and CEO of Sydney-based HR consultancy The EI Group, "I am happy to report that The Rockefeller Habits have been a key contributor to the growth of my business over the past 3 years. During this time we have grown from 10 -30 staff and doubled revenues and profits each year. I thank you for your contribution." BTW, Ben has a useful piece of HR technology called Power2Motivate for managing rewards and recognition. It uses a points-based system that employees can then redeem for rewards -- much like I Love Rewards system in