"...keeping you great" Ten Minutes with the Growth Guy
Outstanding employment ad -- Scott Nash, President/Owner of MOM: My Organic Market, received outstanding response to his ad seeking a CFO/HR Director. I particularly loved his list of questions including "Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit trapped inside a CPA body?" and "Do you want to come to work in jeans?" This is the kind of "sell the vision" ad you need to attract talent. The full ad is under DETAILS below.
Custom motorcycle company opportunity -- U.S. "Hero of Manufacturing" winner Gene Kirila, and close friend, has suffered health issues that are necessitating lifestyle changes and forcing him to step aside from Hardbikes, his fourth venture launched in 2005. The company has a full senior team in place, capital, and a dealer network established. Hardbikes is seeking a strategic partner or purchaser with marketing skills to take over day to day operations. Hardbikes is the world's only build to order licensed custom motorcycle manufacturer that can deliver tricked out custom bikes in 60 days. To learn more contact Hardbikes CFO John Kelly email@example.com or Michaelene Harris firstname.lastname@example.org at 724-981-7000.
Bill Gates recommended book -- I just finished reading "Emergence" by Steven Johnson (one of the brightest guys I've ever read!), who is also author of "Everything Bad for You is Good" which makes the case, among other things, that video games might just be critical to your child's development!
Here's a link to Johnson's blog where he details his encounter with Geoffrey Moore moderating a panel with Bill Gates and the CEOs of Google, Cisco, and Skype at Davos where they are discussing the "digital lifestyle." And I'm excited that Johnson has agreed to keynote the Growth Summit in Vegas -- where he'll also encounter the very famous Geoffrey Moore (our opening four-hour workshop).
Congratulations to Paul Hogan, founder and chief executive officer of Home Instead Senior Care® who was just named Entrepreneur of the Year - one of the highest honors in franchising - by the International Franchise Association (IFA). Past winners of this award include franchise greats such as J. Willard Marriott and Fred DeLuca (Subway). I look forward to keynoting their 450 person international convention in a few weeks and you'll usually see their team at our Summits.
Congratulations also to The Marena Group, recently chosen as the #1 apparel company in the U.S. by Apparel Magazine. Noted William (Bill) Watkins, Founder and COO, "yup, little, tiny us was pitted against the biggest and baddest apparel retailers and manufacturers in America and after careful review, our industry chose us. Gazelles was a ‘behind the scenes' part of our success (your book and seminars like Rockefeller Habits, Dell visit, Topgrading, and much more). Thanks for the help." And they are really helping people. Their scientifically developed products are designed to be worn after a surgical procedure in order to help minimize bruising and swelling. And they were the first to feature antimicrobial technology in their products.
Here is the My Organic Market Ad
Target Work Week:
| CFO / HR Director
Finance / Human Resources
Owner / President
5 (1 HR, 2 AP, 1 Payroll, and 1 Reporting)
HELP ME MAKE MOM's A GREAT COMPANY!...
"As the Owner of MOM's- My Organic Market, I am looking for a talented and successful CFO/HR Director to oversee and guide our finance, accounting, and human resources functions. Working side-by-side with myself and other members of the Leadership Team, you will also need to provide insight for company-wide strategic planning and initiatives. I am looking for someone with a "partner mentality", to help innovate, strategize, and move this company forward!"... Scott Nash, President/Owner
At MOM's, we are committed to organic products, our Purpose of environmental restoration, training, a great culture, and strong Values.
For the A-player looking for something special who can answer "yes" to all of the following questions, this is the opportunity for you.
- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit trapped inside a CPA body?
- Are you seeking meaning and purpose in your career?
- Do you hate office politics as much as we do?
- Do you want to come to work in jeans?
- Do you excel in accounting but want to do more?
- Are you seeking an atmosphere of open and direct communication, debate, and creative brain-storming?
- Are you professional and results driven, yet lighthearted and fun?
- Can you see the forest and work in the trees?
- Are you level-headed and able to see both sides of the coin?
- Do you exceed people's expectations of you on a regular basis?
- Is it in your bones to seek continual improvement?
- Do you have passion?
- Would you rather work for David than Goliath?
- Do you want to make a difference?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you! Please visit our hiring website at myorganicmarket.iapplicants.com. Phone calls are not accepted.
MOM's- My Organic Market is a successful locally owned organic grocery chain. Everyday, MOM's promises and delivers to our customers the highest quality 100% produce, an incredible selection of products, and remarkable customer service. MOM's is much more than a successful retailer of healthy foods, we are a proactive leader for environmental restoration. MOM's mission is to "restore the environment to the maximum extent we are able." Currently, MOM's has 4 stores located in Rockville, College Park, Alexandria, and Columbia and we have 1 additional store slated for opening April 2007 in Frederick, MD. We launched our "15 X 15 Initiative" in 2005, when we currently had 3 existing stores... 15 additional stores by the year 2015.
The role of the CFO/HR Director has 4 primary components consisting of (1) Leadership Team -- Provide consistent and positive input, results, & leadership; (2) Accounting Dept Head -- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting, (3) Financial Leadership -- Provide useful financial insight, monitor cash flow, control costs, etc.; and (4) Human Resources -- Design & implement systems to hire A-players.
At MOM's, success in this role will be measured against performance in the following areas:
- Monthly financial reviews (key metrics include, but not limited to, financial statements, cash flow, AP aging, monitoring line of credit, projections, cash controls, etc.)
- Cost Cutting Progress (metric includes setting goals, reviewing project status, and accomplishments to reduce costs)
- Human Resources (ability to manage and continually improve the 'people process'; metrics primarily include turnover rates, days to fill open positions, employee tenure, morale, etc.)
- Positive leadership team contributions & company-wide contributions
- Maintain positive & favorable external relationships (banks, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
- Other accountabilities, as assigned.
At MOM's, your values, abilities, and track record of success are more important than direct experience. That being said, an ideal candidate would have the following:
- Strong competencies in intellect (the ability to learn, understand, and innovate), personal skills (integrity, candor, excellence, etc.), and interpersonal skills (oral and written communication, customer service, etc.)
- Candidate is a CPA with at least 5 years of successful experience in accounting, payroll, human resources, and financial reporting. Experience and knowledge of consolidation and retail inventory accounting a plus.
- Proven ability to multitask and follow-through.
- Excellent proficiency in using QuickBooks (or similar accounting software) and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience and knowledge of ADP a plus.
MOM's goal is to maintain a diverse, motivated, and positive work environment full of great people. Take pride in working for a company that lives its Purpose/Mission and Values and continually provides quality food for consumers, while working to improve the environment. As a salaried exempt position, benefits include:
o Competitive salary
o Medical coverage
o Paid time off / comp time
o A matching socially responsible 401k plan
o 20% Employee discount on all store products
o Generous $3,000 company contribution towards the purchase of a hybrid vehicle
o A "Green" Benefits Package
o And more!
If you are interested in this opportunity please visit http://myorganicmarket.com/iapplicants.com to fill out an application online (all candidates must fill out the online application to be considered). You can also submit a cover letter and resume to the HR Manager, Katie Ennis, at email@example.com. Phone calls are not accepted. Please visit our web site for additional information on our company and this position at www.myorganicmarket.com.